If you want to top up a Level 5 qualification such as a diploma or foundation degree to a full Bachelor’s degree, this BA (Hons) Education Studies top-up degree course is ideal.
During this Education Studies Course, you’ll get a deeper understanding of how people learn, study education in relation to society and develop your research skills. If you’re in work, you can do the course part time over 15 months.
You’ll graduate with a Bachelor’s degree that’s valued across the education sector.
BA (Hons) Education Studies (Top-Up) degree entry requirements:
Qualifications or experience
- Only those who have previously studied at higher education level should apply. 240 HE credits of which 120 must be at level 5.
What you’ll experience:
On this Education Studies course you’ll:
- Progress to a full Bachelor’s degree
- Learn mentoring and research skills
- Be taught by experts at our School of Education and Sociology
- Study on full-time or part-time basis
Careers and opportunities:
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- teaching in primary education
- teaching in Colleges of FE
- senior management roles in nurseries
- senior positions in education and training in areas such as nursing/police work
What you’ll study on this BA (Hons) Education Studies Top-up degree:
Each module on this course is worth a certain number of credits.You need to study modules worth a total of 120 credits. For example, 4 modules worth 20 credits and 1 module worth 40 credits.Core modules on this course include:
- Research methods and dissertation proposal
- Education and Society
- Skills for mentoring in an educational context
- 21st century lives
How you’re assessed:
You’ll be assessed through:
- Essays reports
Cost-wise, you can apply for a student loan, and don’t have to start paying it back unless you are earning £26,575 and above. So the government will never chase you for the money and you might end up never having to pay it back.
Portsmouth University are currently accepting applications for this course so to find out more information or to apply click the link here.