1:1 SEN Nursery Practitioner – Southsea
Position: 1:1 Sen Nursery Practitioner
Hours: Part time / Permanent / Mon, Tues and Friday 10am – 2pm/ 12 hrs a week
Location: Southsea, Portsmouth
Benefits: Up to 60% Childcare Discount within Tops Day Nurseries, Shared Annual Company Profits, A Flexible option to work 4 days a week, Annual Pay Review
We are looking for a passionate 1:1 SEN Practitioner here at our lovely Tops Southsea nursery, which is a fun, exciting nursery situated just outside of the city centre.
Employees benefit from being less than 20 minutes away from Commercial Road and a stone’s throw away from Canoe Lake and Southsea beach. There are also convenient transport links very close to the nursery for both trains and buses!
The 60 place nursery is located within central Southsea. With such convenient transport links, we are able to provide exciting opportunities for children to explore the local parks, playgrounds and the beach! The nursery run a number of extra-curricular activities including Boogie Mites, yoga, meditation and much more! We also have great links with our local care home.
This role is working 12hrs per week over 3 days.
If you want to play a pivotal role in educating the next generation in an award winning, sustainable day nursery… join our family today!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about child care and ensuring that each child’s emotional, social and intellectual development is nurtured. This role will be working with children with Special Educational Needs on a 1:1 basis, supporting the development of the child you are working with.
You will need to have post qualifying experience with children aged between 0 and 5 years of age.
You will ideally have worked with children with SEN before and will have Special Educational Needs training.
A clear and valid DBS is paramount and overseas applicants will need a clear and valid certificate of good conduct. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Responsible for the 1:1 care of the individual child to support their individual educational plan (IEP) and to liaise with the Room manager on a daily basis
- Responsible to work with the behaviour management, equal opportunities and SEN representative to ensure the child’s needs are met
- Writing and updating the IEP and liaising with the relevant representatives and Nursery Manager
- Keep colleagues informed and disclose relevant updates with regards to continual progress of children on a 1:1 support programme
- Work closely with external professionals or agencies involved with the family support of the child you are providing 1:1 care for
- Hold regular staff discussions on the relevant areas of development and impairments and the child experiences
- Work with the Nursery Manager and key assessor on site to ensure that staff have sufficient training in SEN needs
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest strategies and techniques to support behaviour issues and work closely with the family to find out key triggers and interests for the child
- Assist with proving a safe environment – role model to colleagues, assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks
- Assist with ensuring the unit is clean and tidy
- Support the nursery in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout of display of resources
- Administering medication
- Support with monitoring accident trends in the nursery
- Contribute to staff meetings
- Competent and effective with settling in short term, medium term and long term plans, learning journeys
- Encourages parents to attend meetings and give good feedback to all parents
- To be committed to the safe guarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
View map (opens in new window)
- Part Time
£5.29 - £11.21 hourly
Download our CV templateDownload CV Template (.doc, 33.00 KB)
29 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
- Annual pay review
- Companywide profit bonus scheme, annually rewarded each May.
- Staff Welfare scheme
- Company pension
- Up to 60% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
- Great career progression
- Regular supervisions
- Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
- A flexible option to work 4 days week
- Uniform Provided
- An eco-friendly company with BCorp accreditation
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Recruitment Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news:Facebook Page