Casual Maintenance Person – Isle of Wight
Casual Maintenance Person
Location: Tops Newport, Isle Of Wight, Newport
Pay rate: Up to £10.50 per hour
Contract hours: Bank / Flexible
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality eco-sustainable childcare across the South-West. We operate nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual Maintenance Person to join Tops Day Nurseries in Isle of Wight, Newport. We pride ourselves on employee care and career development; as such we offer in house training, flexible working hours, family friendly policy, pension & staff welfare scheme.
We believe in making an awesome environment for children and grown-ups to learn, develop, play, and have fun and in happy parents who can do what they need to do, whatever that is, whenever it is, while their children are in the best place, with awesome stuff! We make a difference to people’s lives.
The successful candidate will be a committed and proactive worker, who enjoys learning on the job in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Regional Maintenance manager for the business , you will undergo numerous projects across varying business sites to ensure the upkeep of the setting is met.
Essential skills / qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance works
- Full clean driving license and own transport
- Relevant qualification within maintenance field desirable
- Need a clear and valid DBS
- GCSE grade C or above in English & Maths
Your Duties/Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all equipment within premises are maintained to the highest standard to ensure the health and safety of children and adults at all times.
- Communicate with the Regional Maintenance Manager, or in their absence, Director of Facilities, to ensure that work is done within an agreed budget for each individual site.
- Liaise with the nursery manager and regional manager to ensure that all premises and any equipment made is maintained appropriately to the needs of the children and staff.
- Proactively checking sites for repairs and upgrades and advising said items to the Regional Maintenance Manager, or in their absence, Director of Facilities, for inclusion in repairs and upgrades lists on company web as appropriate
- Liasing with the Regional Maintenance Manager, or in their absence, Director of Facilities, in order to appropriately prioritise which sites are needing work most urgently and acting accordingly.