Childcare Apprenticeship – Carmela Coady Childminders
The Aspire Training Team are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and flexible individual to complete a Childcare apprenticeship with Carmela Conway Childminding in Bournemouth.
Based in Bournemouth, Carmela Cody Childminding offers a home from home environment which enables the children to learn and develop through play and interaction. Carmela strives to ensure that each child has the opportunity to reach their full potential in a fun, safe and stimulating environment, where the children’s inquisitive nature is nurtured and they are allowed the opportunity to explore the world around them.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in Childcare, working in a more intimate setting whilst working alongside and learning from qualified and dedicated childcare professionals.
Your duties as an apprentice will include:
- Participating in the day to day running of the setting.
- Planning and assisting with setting up different activities for the children, keeping the children engaged, as well as participating with the activities.
- Observing the children and assisting on days out as well as in the setting.
- Gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the apprenticeship.
- Ensuring the setting is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assisting with checks around the setting.
- Keeping up to date with all coursework.
- Assisting the children with the bathroom, as well as changing nappies.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, hardworking & willing to learn, with great communication skills, and the ability to work as part of the team as well as using your initiative. Due to the nature of the role a good understanding of the EYFS and experience of looking after children would be preferred.
You ideally will have GCSE Grades A*-C/4-9 in English Language &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Maths, or equivalent; however please note that in the event you progress onto a Level 3 apprenticeship on completion of the Level 3 you must have grades A*-C/4-9 GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
There is the prospect of a permanent position and career progression for the successful applicant.