Childcare Apprenticeship – Level 3 – Frogmore Montessori Nursery School
The Aspire Training Team are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual to complete their Level 3 Childcare Apprenticeship at Frogmore Montessori Nursery School
Established in January 1991, Frogmore Montessori Nursery School offers excellent child care and preschool facilities. Our experienced staff can help your child develop socially and creatively through Montessori education.
Frogmore Montessori Nursery School is accredited by the Montessori Schools Association and is an Ofsted Outstanding day nursery in Eggbuckland, Plymouth.
Frogmore Montessori Nursery School is situated within large leafy surroundings in Eggbuckland, Plymouth. Our qualified and experienced staff team offer high-quality day care facilities for children, including babies and toddlers, providing them with a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment.
We offer a full Montessori curriculum within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and have always received excellent Ofsted reports.
The Montessori approach
The Montessori approach is based on the ideas of Dr. Maria Montessori, who was the first woman to qualify as a doctor in Italy. At the core, is respect for the child.
That includes using a polite tone of voice when speaking to children, giving them time to respond when we ask them to do something and listening to what they want to say. Montessori teachers use ‘positive language’ – telling children what we want them to do, not what we don’t (e.g. saying ‘walk’, instead of ‘don’t run’)!
It also means adults preparing the classroom so that children can choose well-planned activities from low, easily accessible shelves. Resources are complete, usually made of wood and are inviting. Classrooms are clean, uncluttered, with flowers on each table. Children help to look after their environment – washing up their snack bowls, watering plants, returning items to their correct place when they’re finished using them – gaining independence and self-confidence along the way!
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Understanding of working with children under three
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Assist in all aspects of personal care, toileting, nappy changing
- Supporting at meal times
- Basic knowledge of Montessori curriculum
- The candidate might be someone who enjoys outdoor education, as we have a lovely natural wildlife pond and ‘Wild Walk’ and two separate patio area
- Level 2 Childcare Qualification is essential when applying for this role
- You must be able to gain a clear DBS
- Have GCSE grades A*-C or 4-9 in Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- Frogmore Montessori Nursery School is open from 7:30am – 17:45pm Monday to Friday.
- The successful candidate will be required to work 36 hours per week with shift patterns to be discussed
- Staff at Frogmore Montessori Nursery School work 4 days per week
- All staff work a 4 day week
View map (opens in new window)
- Fixed Term Contract
- Full Time
£10.43 - £10.43 hourly
Download our CV templateDownload CV Template (.doc, 33.00 KB)
- All staff work a 4 day week