Early Years Level 5 Apprenticeship – Tops Pokesdown
EARLY YEARS LEVEL 5 APPRENTICESHIP
Location: Tops Pokesdown, Boscombe, Bournemouth
Pay rate: Up to £12.29 per hour (plus Bank Holiday and Qualification enhancements available)
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week /Part time
Shift Pattern: Between 6am-8pm
If these shift / hours do not suit you, we can also offer hours on a casual basis that give you flexibility and work life balance. Simply let us know what you are looking for when you apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Early Years Apprentice’s help to create a safe, educational and fun environment for the children in our care. Helping to supervise children and ensuring their safety, organizing and taking part in activities, such as games, crafts, and educational tasks. The list is endless, but you’ll understand that some days might be challenging, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our children at one of the most important development stages of their life!
In joining us, you’ll also become part of our extended family. You’ll work alongside other team members who are passionate about providing care, warmth and kindness to all those who work in our Nurseries.
Tops Pokesdown Nursery is a 135 place Day Nursery & Pre-School situated in Wolverton Road, Boscombe. The nursery run several extra-curricular activities including Tops Forest School, cooking school, Boogie Mites, yoga, meditation and much more! We’re rated 9.1 by daynurseries.co.uk and graded GOOD by OFSTED
AND IN RETURN
At Tops day Nurseries we see working in the childcare industry is a very rewarding career choice. Not only do you get to play an important part in the life of the children, but you also watch them grow and develop whilst learning new things yourself each day.
We are lucky to have a sister company call Aspire Training, (recently listed as one of the Top 100 Employers for Apprenticeships 2023) who offer fantastic Opportunities to develop in your Nursery Career from Leve1 2 Childcare Apprenticeships all the way through to Nursery Manager or even to become an Early Years Teacher!
The fully funded Early Years Lead Practitioner programme will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours to be proactive and influential, skillfully leading day to day practice at an operational level.
At Tops Day Nurseries we believe in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible world for all. We aim to achieve this through educating the children of today, so that they in turn can influence the way future generations live.
Here are some of the other benefits you’ll enjoy as a valued member of our team:
- £700 Welcome bonus
- 29 days holiday (Full time otherwise pro-rata including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 60% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
- Pay Day Sub
- NHS Prescription Charges
- Optical Care
- Dental Treatment
- Companywide profit bonus scheme, annually rewarded each May.
- Uniform Provided
- A flexible option to work 4 days week
- Fantastic career development
Some of the primary skills we are looking for will be someone will include;
- Excellent communication skills, to engage with the children and converse with other staff members and parents
- Creative skills and imagination to provide educational activities to children that can ensure the child is happy and learning in a rewarding environment
- Positive outlook, to keep children happy and build an environment where children feel secure and rewarded.
What you will learn?
Undertaking this apprenticeship will develop your ability to reflect and build on practice through on-going professional enquiry and action research.
Learning phases includes:
- Leadership and management
- Child development and theory
- Health and wellbeing
- Health and safety
- Equality, diversity, inclusion and SEN
- Partnership working
You will learn how to:
- Support and promote children’s early education and development
- Be responsible for supporting the quality of learning and development in their setting
- Engage with sector developments both locally and nationally
- Skilfully lead day-to-day practice at an operational level
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals
- Gain a regulated recognised qualification that can be used to progress onto a Level 6 qualification with Anglia Ruskin University.
- Must have GCSE’s in English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above or able to achieve Level 2 English and Maths whilst on programme
- Must have held a residency in the UK for the last three years
- Must have Level 3 Early Years Educator or Equivalent Qualifications / Experience
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the highest quality of care and engagement for our children as a Nursery Assistant within one of our Nurseries, then you could be the next to join us. So apply today and get your career started with us!
All candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS which is on the update service. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks. This role involves regulated activity with children. You should not apply if you are on the Childrens’ Barred List.
View map (opens in new window)
- Full Time
Up to £12.29 per hour
Download our CV templateDownload CV Template (.doc, 33.00 KB)
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Recruitment Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news:Facebook Page