Senior Nursery Practitioner – Bearwood
Senior Nursery Practitioner
Location: Tops Bearwood, Bournemouth, Dorset
Pay rate: Up to £12.41 per hour (plus Bank Holiday and Qualification enhancements available)
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Senior Nursery Practioner’s looks after the educational and social development of babies and young children up to the age of five. Their primary duties include providing children with a safe environment to learn, helping them to develop basic social and behavioural skills and engaging them in age-appropriate play activities. In joining us, you’ll also become part of our extended family. You’ll work alongside other team members who are passionate about providing care, warmth and kindness to all those who work in our Nurseries.
Tops Bearwood Nursery is a 55 place Day Nursery & Pre-School situated in Bearwood, Bournemouth. The nursery run several extra-curricular activities including Tops Forest School, Holiday club (after school care) and much more! We’re rated 8.3 by daynurseries.co.uk.
AND IN RETURN
At Tops day Nurseries we see working in the childcare industry is a very rewarding career choice. Not only do you get to play an important part in the life of the children, but you also watch them grow and develop whilst learning new things yourself each day.
We are lucky to have a sister company call Aspire Training, (recently listed as one of the Top 100 Employers for Apprenticeships 2023) who offer fantastic Opportunities to develop in your Nursery Career from Leve1 2 Childcare Apprenticeships all the way through to Nursery Manager or even tod become an Early Years Teacher!
Tops Day Nurseries believe in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible world for all. We aim to achieve this through educating the children of today, so that they, in turn, can influence the way future generations live.
Here are some of the other benefits you’ll enjoy as a valued member of our team:
- 29 days holiday (Full time otherwise pro-rata including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 60% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
- Pay Day Sub
- NHS Prescription Charges
- Optical Care
- Dental Treatment
- Companywide profit bonus scheme, annually rewarded each May.
- Uniform Provided
- A flexible option to work 4 days week
- Fantastic career development
A minimum of a Level 3 in Early Years care and Education is essential.
Some of the primary skills we are looking for will be someone will include:
- Support and promote children’s early education and development
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Develop effective and informed practice
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and carers or other professionals
- Can you maintain our consistent ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for all area of the nursery for Ofsted inspection
- With guidance from the EYFS; plan and implement engaging educational activities suitable for the age range of the children
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the highest quality of care and engagement for our children as a Senior Nursery Practitioner within one of our Nurseries, then you could be the next to join us. So, apply today and get your career started with us!
All candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS which is on the update service. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks. This role involves regulated activity with children. You should not apply if you are on the Childrens’ Barred List.
View map (opens in new window)
- Full Time
Up to £12.41 per hour
Download our CV templateDownload CV Template (.doc, 33.00 KB)
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Recruitment Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news:Facebook Page